This summer, the NC State Data Science Academy is hosting a webinar series of virtual panels showcasing various ways to build a career in data science.
The “Hot Topics in Data Science” series of eight panels will feature diverse groups of speakers discussing data science opportunities and addressing current conversations in the field.
Interdisciplinary panels will bring students, academics, and experts from industry and government together to discuss the ways data science is all around us and to share strategies for broadening participation in data science.
The panels are:
1. June 3: Five+ Top Tools for Doing Data Science
2. June 10: Demystifying Data Science in Industry
3. June 17: Engaging Data Science in US National Labs & Govt. Agencies
4. June 24: Why Data Science?: Integrating Data Science Across the Disciplines
5. July 1: Navigating Data Science Programs
6. July 8: Broadening Participation in Data Science
7. July 15: Building Bridges: Data Science and the Humanities
8. July 22: What’s Next: Unsolved Opportunities in Data Science
Data science is everywhere and for everyone. Offering more than individual career advice, this series will give attendees systemic strategies for continuing to expand data science opportunities for all.